Mademoiselle

My photo
Hi! I'm Sabrina, a 25 year old wanderer. This where I write about things that are relevant to my life whether big or small, mostly about my feelings towards things. All things posted are strictly my take on things unless written otherwise. Happy reading!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Speech vs Essay

I've had this thought just now. And I just want to write it down.

What's with words ? Yes. As we all know words are the only form of expression that people use everyday. Even the mute and deaf, they still write using words. Even the blind, they can still talk using words.

But what's the difference between an essay and a speech ?

An essay, is the writing from of words. It's sometimes limited to the subjected matter or sometimes boundless as you can write about almost anything you want. And it does not necessarily have to be true, that's why we have two types of writing. Fiction, and non-fiction. Fiction, is make up stories, it is not true. While non-fiction is vice versa. Most people communicate with this. We have Twitter, Facebook, iMessage, BBM, Whatsapp and even the usual text messaging to help us with that. Some may choose this as a main form of communication, cause it... free ? easy ? You name it. Yes, it is easy. Very easy. But it's also controversial. People may not know the real tone that you are using or the real message that you want to convey. And these things leave proof, so it's easy for them stalkers to feast their eyes and collect things to judge you or just make up a file of you. But it is also important, as proofs can lead to justice, in some cases.

But that's not what i was going to talk about today. I was going for more of the speech part, actually.

Okay. Speech. It's the exact form of an essay, but instead of writing it down, you have to say it out loud. It doesn't need a script, but sometime it does, it you're an actor, or a TV reporter. That's more on the formal speech. The informal part is our everyday life dialogue. Your simple conversations. When you wake up, during breakfast, in school, during break time, and so on and so forth. They may not leave proof, or anything readable for anyone else to snoop, but it delivers a more powerful message to the minds and to the hearts of the audience you are talking to. You may say, these speeches will be forgotten one day, I agree. Yes, it is super easy to forget what one did say to you. But if it's an important part of your life, and the person saying it is the utmost important person in your life, will you ever forget it ? I don't think so. What's different about speeches is that, you can't take it back. Not ever. Once you let it out. It's out. It's done. Unlike your Twitter or Facebook status, you can easily delete some of them if you dislike it (which i have done for oh so many times) but with speeches, you can't. Kids, maybe they will be forgiven. Oh no wait, not maybe. They WILL be forgiven. But not us. We are not considered teens anymore. We're adults now. (I'm referring to the 1992 clan cause that's when I was born). So let's behave like one, shall we ? (I'm trying my best to kick the kiddy part of me away but it's so hard haha nevermind, i'll just suppress it for now)

So what I really want to say after writing down this long post, (you should really skipped the upper part and jump right down here just to not waste your time lol) choose your words that you want to say wisely. Each of them. Because I know I may not be the person with the most decent mouth (anger does us a lot of bad things) so remember to istighfar every time you are angry. If it gets worse, go take your wudhuk. But that doesnt make it right to go and curse people in the form of writing. I just thought that by speech it's easier for people to get hurt rather than by essay. It's just an opinion.

“Anger comes from the devil, the devil was created of fire, and fire is extinguished only with water; so when one of you becomes angry, he should perform ablution.” [Abu Daud; Book 41, No. 4766]


Let us pray to become better Muslims. InsyaAllah.

Abu Dharr narrated: The Apostle of Allah, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said to us: "When one of you becomes angry while standing, he should sit down. If the anger leaves him, well and good; otherwise he should lie down." [Abu Daud; Book 41, No. 4764]


Im just writing down how I feel about this, so feel free to drop any comments you have okay ? And yes, I would like to say sorry, because of what I might have said or write done that any of you might have your hearts hurt by it.


alhanasabrina


1 comment:

aRinarRe said...

" (which i have done for oh so many times)"
I can imagine you saying it! :D