Mademoiselle

My photo
Hi! I'm Sabrina, a 25 year old wanderer. This where I write about things that are relevant to my life whether big or small, mostly about my feelings towards things. All things posted are strictly my take on things unless written otherwise. Happy reading!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Expectations, Hopes and Dreams


It's normal for people to have a weight or you can say responsibilities upon them, being the typical are - to study hard and get good results, to portray good manners, to be able to dress well and cover our aurahs, and so on. And it is important that they are not only given the task to do, but also the aid that will help them achieve that task. I can say that i've been living under the pressure of scoring well in my exams since i was small, and trust me, it does not stop. It has become a norm to me that i feel like it's programmed into me. Well apart from that is my parent's ultimate wishlist for me (next to becoming a good, solehah daughter), i myself too want to see myself as someone worthy, someone who is capable of achieving things. Not just becoming a living person on earth, just like some other 26 billion people.

And to do that, it is not an easy journey. You have to be able to learn new things, and absorb them fast as the world nowadays can be whizzing past you with you even noticing it. Not to mention the everyday drama, or the day-to-day routine that sometimes get our bodies numb and allows us to succumb to our #1 desire - procrastination. Being 24/7 productive is a hard task and blimey, it takes a strong person to be able to put up that mask every second too! So you need to learn how to manage your time wisely, which are translated by us, the 20s as "last minute errands" or "wait, just an episode" which later turns out to be a whole freaking season of it! Not good. And exercising takes a huge chunk in producing an all rounder student, whether you like it or not. I'm still working on that because I deffo hate going out to jog having to wear my shawls and so on thats why i exercise most when i'm home. Need to work on that. Haha.

A huge problem which I can clearly see in myself in the need for us ladies to shop. Ahh, this. A problem I can't find a cure for, yet! Maybe being in a secluded place like Tronoh (in my case) prevents me from going nuts whenever that famous brand goes on sale but having those online shops, shudders, just gets me. But i guess the cure is to be content of whatever you have and DON'T, i repeat DON'T ever try and scroll through those online blogs. It's a disease and once you got it, it takes an empty bank account to finally cure you from it. You don't want that do you?

Last but not least, the spiritual link. Everything you do, everything you own, even you yourself, won't exist if it weren't for Allah so do what you have to do, or need to do but don't ever, EVER forget Him. And your family too. They're your base so stick to it.

Actually i'm freaking out for this coming 3rd year cause i've been on a holiday for so long now i swear i wont ever want any holiday like this ever. Lol of course I do but this holiday makes me feel less smart. Lemme get that degree first before thinking of any plans of a holiday okay? insyaAllah

alhanasabrina xx

No comments: