Mademoiselle

My photo
Hi! I'm Sabrina, a 25 year old wanderer. This where I write about things that are relevant to my life whether big or small, mostly about my feelings towards things. All things posted are strictly my take on things unless written otherwise. Happy reading!

Monday, April 29, 2013

I had an epiphany. It is a circle. (And guilt trips are fine, trust me)

Generally, there are 2 ways of reacting to things. The right way and the wrong way. Too general? Let me break it down to you. Wait on second thought maybe I shouldn't. Any grown person who are reading this must know exactly what I mean. Ways to react to things: infinite possibilities. Categories they fall in to: right or wrong. There are no definite answers on which are right and which are wrong. Not helpful? Try reading this paragraph all over again. Your brain will tell you. (or else just comment below i'll be more than glad to try and enlighten you!)

What popped into my mind just now is that everything is a circle. A cycle I mean. A cycle that can be described with a circle. Tadaaaa! For example, day and night. Our earth. Our daily life, we go to work every morning, and then go back home every night when it ends. We study, we score for exams. We work get money, spend it and then work some more. We buy stuffs, it gets old, we replace it with a new one. We said something, we get sad, and then we go back to being A-okay again. And the list goes on and on. What I would like to emphasize that, everyone feels this way. Everyone experience this. Allah made it sure that everything in this world is balanced. Everything complements each other. (Although some people pushed the idea of fatness actually being shared all across the globe, means if you're getting skinny, someone else somewhere is getting fat. And I thought of that too, money wise. But it yet to be proven hihi). But please don't get any comfort in thinking that oh those rich people if they're more on that side then they're less on certain side. Please don't. Getting those are bad. As a hadith say

He (sallallâhû alaihi wa-sallam) said: "Beware of jealousy, for verily it destroys good deeds the way fire destroys wood." [Abû Dawûd]

It just brings diseases and black spots into your heart. And you could be called schadenfreude for goodness sake. You don't wanna be called that do you? 

Okay, back to the point. What I really wanna emphasize is that, whatever it is you're going through, just remember, THIS TOO SHALL PASS (ahh good old days when I had to present about this with pika in front of the class). But yeah, it is true. You may be on the downside of your cycle now, but who knows, sooner or later, inshaAllah, it's your time. Your turn to shine. ALTHOUGH maybe sometimes you'll get bored of your state now and flipped out out of impatience. And then comes the guilt trip and then you're back to being contented all over again. Wow I said that like I got it all figured out ey? Actually, it is quite the opposite. I battle with myself constantly, all year round. It is not raya or christmas where it's festive, applicable to certain phases of the year, I myself, dear readers, can go all year long. I'm like summer in Malaysia. Get it, get it? Lol.. Anyhoo, I just got back from a guilt trip to Swiss. Not a good one actually. This is the one where I go all cold like Spring this year in UK, all snowy and stuffs and had to sleep it off to actually get back to default. Alhamdulillah i'm all better now, thanks to Allah, I can truly say.

So, points from this blabbery post

1) React wisely. Don't flip out. Don't blurt out the first thing that comes to your mind, sometimes it could be nasty. Do good while you can. Don't be a schadenfreude. Hehe

2) Guilt trips are good. It lets you experience things and takes you to places you've never been before. But remember to come home! 

3) I'll save this for the next post. Just remembered that I hadn't put it in here.(gosh I blab too much)


Everything that is good comes from Allah, the One and only and everything that's bad comes from your truly.

alhanasabrina xx

1 comment:

Qeela said...

nice entry. may u can visit and follow mine too?
https://ourrandomrainbow.blogspot.com
thanks :)